Monday, June 20, 2011

Why another blog?

 I first encountered the mysterium tremendum et fascinans at the back of the Episcopal church in my hometown in central Kansas as a retired English priest celebrated the Eucharist from memory.  Not being baptized, I did not receive the sacrament, but I recall the compelling, quite tangible encounter with the divine I experienced there.

In one sense, my life since then has been intermittent explorations into the mystery.  These explorations continue.

I begin this blog to gather snippets of current reading, to reflect on theological concerns of the times, to share some of my current writing, to review murder mysteries and other books, and otherwise to share my current forays into the mysterium tremendum et fascinans.

I hope whoever stumbles upon the blog and reads my explorations might consider responding to what I have to say. In my explorations of the mystery thus far, I find the journey is enhanced by the presence of other travelers.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, I look forward to reading your reflections. I hope you find blogging as rewarding as I have. Peace, Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your on-going posts. Set a good example. - Tom W.

    ReplyDelete